* This week, I was able to spend some time with my five year old niece and my one year old nephew. They only live five minutes away, but I hadn't really spent time with them in a few weeks. They are the cutest, and I always cherish the time that I have with them. We sang songs, had an ukulele dance party, read a bunch of fun books, and made some art.
For the picture above, my niece asked me to draw a table with cups and jars, a baker, and an oven. She had some special candy stickers she wanted to use. She also asked me to draw the baker with short hair, "like my Mom!" Sweet girl.
* I had pizza this week. I REALLY like pizza. So any week with pizza is a praise. Hooray for a husband who brings home pizza! Hooray for an awesome pizza shop super close to our home!
* One of my dearest friends from college called me this week. We call each other "Cousin" but we're not really related. We actually try to connect every Monday. However, the past few weeks have been a bit crazy with vacations or house guests on either end. Cousin is great though and she managed to sneak in a quick call last week and a longer call this week on a non-Monday. That was a sweet surprise.
* Another friend called me up this week and gave me an opportunity to lead a music group at a daycare in the fall. In a past life, I was a music therapist. I attended school with this friend, and we worked together for a year. Life happened, and I eventually stopped doing music therapy. I really appreciate this friend for letting me dip my toe back into the field.
* Attending the 70th birthday party last weekend gave me extra time to spend with my Mother-in-Law. She is such a blessing in my life. Sometimes, I tell Hubby I married him for his Mother. She is so wonderful, he's never entirely sure if I'm telling the truth or not. He is so wonderful, it doesn't really matter. :)
Have a super spectacular weekend!!!!!