When I was young, a really lovely couple taught me a fun way to create something useful from old catalogs and magazines. Someday, I will tell you more about them. Today, I'm just going to show you how to make these origami containers. Grab an old catalog or magazine and follow along!
2. Now make another fold vertically. This one will just be a crease.
3. Are you craving ice cream right about now? I sure am...
4. Open up the previous fold.
6. Lift one side of the paper. Open it up, then bring the top corner down to meet the crease. (It's really best to follow the photos, because these directions don't make much sense otherwise. :) )
7. It should look like this.
8. Do the same on the other side.
10. Take the top piece and fold it in half, and then make another fold to create the handles on each side.
11 - 12. Take the bottom point and bring it up to create a crease. Now you can open up your creation from the top and...
Here's another trick.
Then you fold it in half with the handles facing out...
I keep a bunch of these containers in my crafting space.
These little containers are great at mealtimes as well. Place one at each seat to contain fish bones, chicken bones, egg shells, or any other non-edible parts of a tasty meal. After your meal, you can just toss them.
Have fun, and let me know if you come up with more uses for these origami containers!